Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Graphic Tees


A couple weeks ago, I was looking online at some graphic tees/onesies that I liked, when I thought, "hey, I could totally make something like that." 

I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics to buy some iron-on transfer paper and started designing in Photoshop. With my very limited Photoshop abilities, I came up with the camera onesie above.

Brett couldn't believe that I had actually made that. Really, he was quite impressed and wanted to know just exactly how I had done it. Then his wheels started turning and our house turned into a t-shirt factor for the next week or so. (Have I mentioned how much he loves Photoshop??) We designed t-shirts for some of our friends' kids, family, etc. Oh, and we still have lots more ideas! 

Here are just a few, but I'll post some more later.


This one is my favorite. Brett's family owns the driving school and we both work there. We brought Jackson to the office wearing this one and got some good laughs.


If you're interested in doing any of these, they're pretty simple. You just need plain t-shirts/onesies and iron-on transfer paper (which is pretty cheap and you can get it at any craft store). Print the design you want onto the transfer paper and iron it onto the shirt. 

I'd like to share our designs with you, but I first have to figure out how to attach a file on here. Anybody know how??

6 comments:

  1. Addendum, You should probably put the Wiltbanks and Walkers shirts on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm ADORABLE! you should sell them! You are soo crafty! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you use crayons or markers on the iron-on transfer paper? I'm looking into doing a project with Elliott's 1st grade class and am wondering how to best do a transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I showed this to Colin, and he said, "Where's Coco's shirt?" I thought he meant in the photos/post, so as I was trying to explain, Colin was digging through his laundry. He pulled out his shirt, triumphant, and dead-pans to me, "You can't make sauce out of awesome. That's crazy."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a cute onsie today and thought of you- it said, "I still live with my parents" so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie... these are AWESOMELY adorable! You should TOTALLY sell them!

    ReplyDelete