I finished Anne of Green Gables a few days ago and LOVED it. I knew I would. I have loved the TV movie since I was young, but I had never read any of the books before. Hearing all the stories again made me nostalgic for my own childhood and certain childhood friends, who are "kindred spirits" to me. I love Anne's determination, imagination, idealism, dramatization of everything, and loyalty. I love that she finds excitement and beauty in everything. She is such a fun character.
I just downloaded a bunch of new books from the library to listen to. I can't wait to get to them all! Here's what's on the list:
- Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy (I actually read it years ago. I think it might be my favorite book ever.)
- Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (I've read most of her Shopaholic series, which are pretty fun reads.)
- Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult
- Knit Two by Kate Jacobs (I recently listened to the prequel, The Friday Night Knitting Club, which I liked. It actually kinda made me want to start a crochet club. It could be fun, right??)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
So may hours of entertainment ahead. I can't wait.

You're rad, Katie. I'm so impressed with all that you fit into a day. You're a dedicated and fun mom, a great employee, a wonderful friend, and you still find time to read. I'm waiting for the big 1-2 punch where you use the bookjacket from your latest read and paper mache it around a lamp for Jackson.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Ha ha...I like the lamp idea. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are also very rad! Thanks for always leaving me comments too!