Monday, April 4, 2011

Argyle

I followed this tutorial to to make this adorable argyle shirt.


I had this polo shirt that I had gotten on sale for probably around $1.50, but I had never put Jackson in it because it was a little to plain and I wasn't a huge fan of the color. But, now he will be wearing it plenty! 


It was super easy to do. I just used Wonder Under to for the diamonds and stitched around them with my sewing machine, used disappearing pen to mark where I wanted to embroider the lines, and then followed the lines with embroidery thread. Pretty simple. I was a little skeptical that the "disappearing pen" would actually disappear, but it did! 


I know this isn't the greatest picture, but you can see the shirt pretty well in it. Isn't it cute? He was reaching up for the tambourine I was using to hold his attention. Now that he's more mobile, he doesn't want to pose for picture anymore. Boo.



There are so many more fun projects I want to get to this week, including argyle curtains for Jackson's room. Hopefully I can find the time. Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's so super cute! You did a great job!! Now... will you make one for Bennett ;-) (j/k)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...for Christmas Jocelyn wants a pink one. Or purple. Or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shirt!!! You are so creative and talented! All of your projects turn out looking so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Katie! But if keep up with all these successful and good-looking projects, I'll run out of way to say they're awesome. So do my thesaurus a favor and do some mediocre for once. :) Good luck with the curtains!

    ReplyDelete