Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rough Guy

Sometimes Most of the time, Jackson is a little very rough. I'm constantly guarding my head and face from flying toys and hitting hands. We try to teach him to be gentle, soft, and cautious, but it's just not sinking in yet.

Unfortunately, due to Jackson's roughness, we've had a few accidents in the past week. Last week, Jackson took a nosedive into Brett's drum set and got a big gash above his eye. I freaked, of course. We made our first trip to the walk-in clinic with him, where he got his cut glued shut. It ended up not being too deep, so hopefully it won't leave a scar.

Last night, I was on the receiving end of Jackson's roughness when he slammed the back of his head into my mouth as I was lying on the floor. Ouch. I immediately got a fat lip and my tooth is still feeling a little numb. I am really really hoping that he didn't do any permanent damage to my tooth.  I'm thinking that I should start wearing a helmet around the house.

I don't have any pictures of our little mishaps, but here's a picture of Jackson after he took all the wipes out of the containers while he was supposed to be napping. This is one of his favorite hobbies, next to taking all the cards out of my wallet. Note to self: do not leave wipes on the changing table where Jackson can reach them.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what happened when you got off the phone way quick. Hope he's doing better now.

    ReplyDelete