I used some scraps from my quilting fabric to make Jackson this cute little tie shirt. It's super easy (and quick) to make and I love the way it looks.
If you're interested in making one, here's the how-to:
Supplies: Wonder Under (or other fabric adhesive), fabric for the tie, a t-shirt or onesie, and some thread.
How-to:
(1) Print and cut out the tie pattern found here (or draw up your own).
(2) Iron the Wonder Under to the back of the fabric you want to use for the tie.
(3) Trace the tie pattern onto the Wonder Under and cut it out.
(4) Iron the tie onto the shirt.
(5) Stitch around it the outside of the tie.
I have so many more ideas of appliqued shirts I want to make (like the guitar found here), but I'm not talented enough yet to stitch around all those curves. I think I'll stick to straight lines for now!


Hey Katie- I love the new blog!!! It looks so modern and fresh! That is a super cute tie shirt you made Jackson! I will have to give that one a try! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWow...you are definitely a pro at this blogging thing. Your blog looks really good! And that tie shirt is adorable! I want to make Jared one!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Jenny, you should totally make one for Jared. That would look amazing. Brett wants me to make him and Jackson matching ones.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I'm going to be making one of these shirts for our little one on the way! And I love your new blog...it makes me want to do a new (non-private) one, too....
ReplyDelete