Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry (late) Christmas

Our Christmas was fabulous. I know I'm a little late posting about Christmas, but it's better late than never. One of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more. It's a good way for me to journal without feeling like I'm journaling. :)

Before Christmas, I got into the Christmas spirit by making stockings for Brett and me, and making lots of Christmas throw pillow covers. I made more than what is pictured below, but never got around to taking photos of them. Maybe next year?



We spent Christmas eve at my sister-in-law's house with her family, Brett's parents, and Brett's aunt. We ate and read Luke 2 while acting out the Nativity.
 Jackson giving his cousin a kiss.
 Our little family and my pregnant belly.
 Nephews as shepherds.

On Christmas morning we went to Church first thing. It was a wonderful way to start the day we celebrate the birth of Christ. When we got home, we had Jackson "run" down the stairs to see what Santa brought him. He didn't really get what was going on and stopped halfway down the stairs to just stare at us. We actually had to coax him down the stairs. I'm guessing that won't happen again next year.

He got lots of fun presents, but his favorite thing by far was the candy in his stocking. This kid is in love with sweets. He'd eat them all day if I let him.




 Christmas was so much more fun this year with Jackson. I can't wait till next year when he gets even more excited. Some of his favorite presents were: a car track, his own recliner chair, a pop-up tent, and a cash register (from Aunt Bridget and family). I also got some really fun presents.

That evening we hosted Brett's family for Christmas dinner. I planned ahead and made everything the day before so I didn't actually have to do much cooking on Christmas. We also saw a puppet show put on by Brett's parents and some of the grandkids. It was fun to be surrounded by family on such a special day.

I hope you also had a merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he likes the cash register! You know when I first saw your photos, I was thinking that you copied them from my blog. Then I remembered that I took your memory card from you before you left my house and copied your photos. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete