Friday, August 12, 2011

My new favorite show



I have a new favorite show. It's called "Dance Moms" and it's on Lifetime. Have you ever heard of it? It's a reality show that documents young competitive dancers, their moms, and their bossy dance instructor at a prestigious Pittsburgh dance studio. It has all the essential elements of a great show: dancing, drama, and more dancing. The drama between the moms seriously cracks me up and the dancing is AMAZING, especially considering these girls are around 6-10 years old. It's crazy.

I even got Brett hooked. After watching a couple of episodes with me, he told me that he knows why I like the show so much...because this was my life 20 year ago. Ha ha. While I did spend most days after school dancing at a dance studio and I loved competing, there is one huge difference. My mom is not crazy and she never pushed me. I LOVED to dance and took as many classes I could possibly fit in my schedule, but it never took over my life. The show does bring back memories of dancing, competing, performing, etc. Ahh, I miss it. Sigh.

I've already been telling Brett that we need to find a good studio in the area for our girls to take at. We don't even have any girls! Sheesh, sometimes, I get ahead of myself. Here's to hoping for some in the future!

1 comment:

  1. So I watched this online for a couple of episodes. I just couldn't handle it. Those ladies act like they are in junior high. The queen bee and wanna bees...wowsa. I was so glad to leave that kind of drama behind me. And who would actually hire that teacher? A fat lady yelling at kids all in the name of trying to tell them how to dance doesn't seem like the best teacher. I'm totally perplexed with how she got her own show.

    ReplyDelete