Thursday, August 18, 2011

Glider Makeover

My awesome brother-in-law and sister-in-law gave us this glider shortly after Jackson was born. (Thanks, JC and Anais!!) It's super comfortable, but I decided to give it a little more modern look by recovering it to match Jackson's room.


Here's what I came up with. It was actually relatively easy to do, surprisingly. I just took the old cover off, traced it onto the new fabric, and used that as the pattern for the new cover. I chose a neutral color just in case there's ever a baby girl's room we need to decorate. :) I'm thinking of painting the wood white. It's not perfect, but I love it!


I finally got the rest of Jackson's room done, mostly. Pictures to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. Look at you...once again impressing me!! Very awesome re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Katie! You did great. I vote for spray paint. A white chair would be that much more neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this too with our glider. I did it just the way you did (by tracing). I also sanded it down and painted it white. You could go dark or almost black to match his other furniture. Good job Katie!

    ReplyDelete